Life is all about relationships. Healthy relationships. What exactly is the definition of a relationship? So, I Googled it and I found the dictionary definition below:
The way in which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected, or the state of being connected.
Got it, but let’s focus on people.
There Are Lots of Types of Relationships
There are familial, friend, business and romantic relationships to name a few. I don’t believe this list is endless, but there’s too many to list, for sure.
Some of us struggle with familial relationships but excel greatly in business. Some of us are great with family and friends but struggle in romantic relationships. I know some who struggle with all types of relationships and those who have mastered every type of relationship.
But how do you know if your relationships are healthy? Take the quiz below to see where your relationship stacks up.
Healthy Relationship Quiz
How to Have a Healthy Relationship
Now that you’ve seen if your relationship is healthy, I’d like to share a thing or two (or more) about what I’ve learned about relationships throughout the years.
A healthy relationship is when two people develop a connection based on:
Tips for Relationship Success
Let’s break this all down a little further. Here are my top tips for having healthy relationships:
1. Respect is the very foundation for creating healthy relationships. If you don’t have mutual respect, you will never be able to have the other stuff.
2. Once trust is broken, you will never get your relationship back to what it was.
3. Just because you want to see the good in someone, doesn’t mean you should ignore the not-so-good.
4. TRUST YOUR GUT INSTINCTS! If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
5. Relationships are a two-way street. They are give and take. Just make sure you are not the only one giving or the only one taking!
6. Do not let your current relationships be defined by your past relationships. Learn the lesson but don’t close yourself off. Be open to better ones.
7. When you find that person who shares all eight qualities with you, let them in. It can be scary, but it’s worth it.
8. Nothing is perfect. It takes work, nourishment, and respect to create a lasting relationship.
9. Most importantly…love yourself first. You need to show them how it’s done!!
That’s it! I hope you find my tips for a successful relationship helpful. When you take the quiz, I’d love to hear about your results, if you feel comfortable sharing. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live life on your terms,